Self-reflection and self-management
Self-reflection and self-management (People 1) is a basic personal attribute that enable the individual to control and direct his or her behaviour by acknowledging the influence of his or her personal set of emotions, preferences and values. This enables effective and efficient use of the individual’s resources and leads to positive work energy and a balance between inside and outside work.
- Identify, and reflect on the ways in which own values and experiences affect the work
- Build self-confidence on the basis of personal strengths and weaknesses
- Identify, and reflect on, personal motivations to set personal goals and keep focus
- Organise personal work depending on the situation and own resources
- Take responsibility for personal learning and development
- Reflect on your own standards and values.
- Use your standards and values to arrive at a decision.
- Communicate about your principles and requirements.
- Bring up your own experience for discussion.
- Put your own experience into perspective.
- Use your experience to assess situations.
- Recognize your strength, talent, boundaries and weaknesses.
- Use your strength, talent and passion.
- Find solutions to your weaknesses and boundaries.
- Remain in contact during times of tension.
- Accept setbacks without losing your self-confidence.
- Show people what motivates you.
- Set personal and professional goals.
- Take actions to achieve those goals.
- Name what holds you back in doing this.
- Reflect and keep your attention on the goals.
- Satisfy your obligations.
- Retain focus on your goal.
- Find your own way in uncertain situations.
- Keep track of your own time.
- Prioritize the requirements that are set for you.
- Say no when that is appropriate.
- Make optimum use of your opportunities.
- Adapt your use of language.
- Make clever use of the situation.
- View failure as a learning experience.
- Use feedback as an offer for personal development.
- Ask advice.
- Read your professional literature.
- Measure your own performance.
- Work on continuously improving yourself.