Resourcefulness (People 8) describes ways of thinking (conceptual and holistic) and sets of techniques (analytic and creative), but above all focuses on the ability to create an open and creative team environment, where each can work and contribute optimally. The Resourcefulness (People 8) competence element enable the individual to effectively handle uncertainty, problems, changes, limitations and stressful situations by systematically and continuously searching for new, better and more effective approaches and/or solutions.
- Stimulate and support an open and creative environment
- Apply conceptual thinking to define situations and strategies
- Apply analytic techniques to analysing situations, financial and organisational data and trends
- Promote and apply creative techniques to find alternatives and solutions
- Promote a holistic view of the programme and its context to improve decision making
- Encourage people to provide a contribution with the knowledge they have.
- Encourage creativity and support this.
- Use the imagination to remove obstacles.
- Consult other people and accept something from them.
- Use the viewpoints of everybody involved.
- Where possible, encourage conceptual thinking.
- Recognize that problems have multiple causes.
- Recognize that solutions have multiple effects.
- Think in terms of systems.
Lesson 3 : Apply analytic techniques to analysing situations, financial and organisational data and trends
- Apply different analytical techniques.
- Analyze problems in order to find causes and solutions.
- Analyze complex data into meaningful information.
- Report clearly on the findings.
- Use applicable creativity techniques.
- Use divergence techniques.
- Use convergence techniques.
- Encourage the viewpoints of various disciplines.
- Identify interdependencies.
- Think holistically and explain the total picture.
- Consider a situation from different viewpoints.
- Link a project to its context.