Relations and engagement 8hours
Relations and engagement (People 4) is about building relations.
The Relations and engagement (People 4) competence element enable the individual to build and maintain personal relations and to understand that the ability to engage with others is a precondition for collaboration, commitment and, ultimately, performance.
- Initiate and develop personal and professional relations
- Build, facilitate and contribute to social networks
- Demonstrate empathy through listening, understanding and support
- Show confidence and respect by encouraging others to share their opinions or concerns
- Share own vision and goals in order to gain the engagement and commitment of others
- Actively look for opportunities to make contact.
- Meet new people.
- When adequate, use humor to break the ice.
- Be open to a dialogue.
- Develop a routine for one-on-one conversations.
- Inform your contacts.
- Make a contribution to a social network.
- Facilitate a social network.
- Organize network meetings.
- Support people in their networking.
- Listen actively.
- Ensure that people feel listened to.
- Ask for clarification.
- Offer your help.
- Take the values of someone else to heart.
- React in a timely manner.
- Trust someone on his word.
- Trust the people you delegate to.
- Trust that people will comply with the chosen values.
- Delegate without excessive control.
- Ask others for their ideas, wishes and concerns.
- Respect mutual differences.
- Embrace the value of diversity.
- Act positively, invite people to contribute to the vision.
- Communicate vision, goals and results.
- Debate this and allow criticism.
- Involve people in planning and decision-making.
- Ask people to commit themselves.
- Take the individual contributions seriously.
- Emphasize the importance of involvement.
Chinwi Mgbere is the President of Project Managers Development Association of Nigeria (PMDAN), Member Association of the International Project Management Association (IPMA), Certified Projects Director (IPMA Level A), National First Assessor of the IPMA 4 Level Certification System for the PMDAN Certification Body. He has taught various disciplines at Nazarbayev University School of Engineering
Chinwi Mgbere has more than 24 years of experience including extensive international experience in managing projects, portfolios of projects and programs.
Ready to get started?
Get in touch, or create an account