Personal communication 8hours
Communicating with others is described in Personal communication (People 3). The Personal communication (People 3) competence element enable the individual to communicate efficiently and effectively in a variety of situations, to different audiences and across different cultures.
- Provide clear and structured information to others and verify their understanding
- Facilitate and promote open communication
- Choose communication styles and channels to meet the needs of the audience, situation and management level
- Communicate effectively with virtual teams
- Employ humour and sense of perspective when appropriate
- Structure the information to the needs of the situation.
- Use story-telling where this is applicable.
- Use clear language.
- Give lectures and presentations.
- Coach and teach people.
- Lead and facilitate meetings.
- Emphasize your message with images, body language and intonation.
- Work on creating an open and respectful atmosphere.
- Listen actively by showing that you understand the other person.
- Let others finish what they are saying.
- Be open to, and show interest in, new ideas.
- Check that people understand what you are saying.
- Make clear how someone can introduce a new idea.
- Make clear how you handle an idea.
Lesson 3 : Choose communication styles and channels to meet the
needs of the audience, situation and management level
- Choose the right communication channels and style.
- Use the chosen style.
- Keep an eye on the communication.
- Change style and channel when necessary.
- Use communication technology.
- Define clear communication processes and maintain these.
- Encourage a sense of belonging in the group.
Chinwi Mgbere is the President of Project Managers Development Association of Nigeria (PMDAN), Member Association of the International Project Management Association (IPMA), Certified Projects Director (IPMA Level A), National First Assessor of the IPMA 4 Level Certification System for the PMDAN Certification Body. He has taught various disciplines at Nazarbayev University School of Engineering
Chinwi Mgbere has more than 24 years of experience including extensive international experience in managing projects, portfolios of projects and programs.
Ready to get started?
Get in touch, or create an account