Power and interest 8hours
The informal Power and interest (Perspective 4) of people within an organisation can have a huge influence on the success of any project, programme and portfolio. This is the informal and implicit counterpart of the organisation’s strategy. People are not just driven by the formal rules and objectives of an organisation; they also have personal goals and objectives.
The Power and interest competence element enable the individual to use power and interest techniques to achieve stakeholder satisfaction and deliver the agreed outcomes within the constraints of time and budget.
- Assess the personal ambitions and interests of others and the potential impact of these on the project
- Assess the informal influence of individuals and groups and its potential impact on the project
- Assess the personalities and working styles of others and employ them to the benefit of the project
Lesson 1 : Assess the personal ambitions and interests of others and the potential impact of these on the project
- Identify the interests and ambitions of those involved.
- Identify the difference between personal and organizational interests.
Lesson 2 : Assess the informal influence of individuals and groups and its potential impact on the project
- Assess all influence and power.
- Assess the interdependent relationships.
Lesson 3 : Assess the personalities and working styles of others and employ them to the benefit of the project
- Understand the diversity in behavior and conduct, and personality.
- Understand the diversity of cultures and personalities.
Chinwi Mgbere is the President of Project Managers Development Association of Nigeria (PMDAN), Member Association of the International Project Management Association (IPMA), Certified Projects Director (IPMA Level A), National First Assessor of the IPMA 4 Level Certification System for the PMDAN Certification Body. He has taught various disciplines at Nazarbayev University School of Engineering
Chinwi Mgbere has more than 24 years of experience including extensive international experience in managing projects, portfolios of projects and programs.
Ready to get started?
Get in touch, or create an account