Quality (Practice 6) describes the demands and organisation of both process and product quality and its controls.
The Quality (Practice 6) competence element enable the individual to establish and manage the quality of the components and their outcomes and to recognise quality as an invaluable tool for the benefits realisation management process.
- Develop, monitor the implementation of, and revise a quality management plan for the project
- Review the project and its deliverables to ensure that they continue to meet the requirements of the quality management plan
- Verify the achievement of project quality objectives and recommend any necessary corrective and/or preventive actions
- Plan and organise the validation of project outcomes (Ensure quality throughout the project)
Lesson 1 : Develop, monitor the implementation of, and revise a quality management plan for the project
- Produce a quality plan, and implement it.
- Record the various quality objectives.
- Introduce measures to achieve these objectives.
- Explain why particular quality measures have been taken.
- Integrate these measures into all project activities.
Lesson 2 : Review the project and its deliverables to ensure that they continue to meet the requirements of the quality management plan
- Explain the manner in which you assess the quality.
- Name those elements that are necessary for an assessment.
- Make clear how the quality objectives are to be communicated.
- Carry out and analyze quality audits.
- Carry out corrective actions to restore the quality.
Lesson 3 : Verify the achievement of project quality objectives and recommend any necessary corrective and/or preventive actions
- Record the results of the verifications.
- Carry out an analysis into the root causes of a defect.
- Implement a process for assessment by colleagues.
- Produce recommendations for corrective actions.
- For corrective actions, follow the change control process.
Chapter 4 : Plan and organise the validation of project outcomes (Ensure quality throughout the project)
- Emphasize that as well as a verification, a validation should be carried out.
- Document the quality objectives as an aid to the validation activity.
- During the delivery, carry out validations.
- Obtain an acceptance document.
Chinwi Mgbere is the President of Project Managers Development Association of Nigeria (PMDAN), Member Association of the International Project Management Association (IPMA), Certified Projects Director (IPMA Level A), National First Assessor of the IPMA 4 Level Certification System for the PMDAN Certification Body. He has taught various disciplines at Nazarbayev University School of Engineering
Chinwi Mgbere has more than 24 years of experience including extensive international experience in managing projects, portfolios of projects and programs.
Ready to get started?
Get in touch, or create an account