Organisation and information 8hours
Organisation and information (Practice 5) deals with the organisation of the project, programme or portfolio and its internal information and communication flows.
The Organisation and information competence element enables the individual to create a high performing temporary organisation, which also includes the inseparable link between organisational structure and information processes.
- Assess and determine the needs of stakeholders relating to information and documentation
- Define the structure, roles and responsibilities within the project
- Establish infrastructure, processes and systems for information flow
- Implement, monitor and maintain the organisation of the the portfolio and component projects and programmes
- Assess and document the information and archiving needs.
- Define the various (formal and informal) communication processes.
- Explain the importance of good information exchange.
- Determine the specific information needs of this project/programme/portfolio.
- Explain how a project/programme/portfolio organization works.
- Document the different roles.
- Document the responsibilities.
- Explain the goal of, and content of, the information processes.
- Distribute the internal information.
- Avoid redundancy in the information provided.
- Name the information to be provided without using IT facilities.
- Explain the usefulness on the various meetings.
- Explain what you will use the communication infrastructure for.
- Implement the organization structures.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the named roles.
- When necessary, amend the organization.
Chinwi Mgbere is the President of Project Managers Development Association of Nigeria (PMDAN), Member Association of the International Project Management Association (IPMA), Certified Projects Director (IPMA Level A), National First Assessor of the IPMA 4 Level Certification System for the PMDAN Certification Body. He has taught various disciplines at Nazarbayev University School of Engineering
Chinwi Mgbere has more than 24 years of experience including extensive international experience in managing projects, portfolios of projects and programs.
Ready to get started?
Get in touch, or create an account