Time (Practice 4) focuses on the order and planning of the delivery of the project, programme or portfolio;
The Time competence element enable the individual to define, sequence, optimise, monitor and control all components necessary to deliver the agreed outcomes of the project/program or portfolio.
- Define / Establish the activities required to deliver the project
- Determine the work effort and duration of activities
- Decide on schedule and stage approach
- Sequence project activities and create a schedule
- Monitor progress against the schedule and make any necessary adjustments
- Determine the necessary activities.
- Relate the activities to work packages.
- Determine the actual effort.
- Identify which resources you need.
- Make a choice as to who you are going to request.
- Study the relevant phasing models.
- Choose the appropriate scheduling technique.
- Determine the appropriate phasing.
- Estimate the effects of uncertainty.
- Order the activities into sequence.
- Determine the dependencies.
- Calculate the critical path.
- Process the availability.
- Set up a control system for the schedule.
- Process actual events in this schedule.
- Compare the actual progress with the baseline.