Scope (Practice 3) describes the specific boundaries of the project, programme or portfolio.
The scope (practice 3) competence element enable the individual to acquire insight into what the boundaries of the project, programme and portfolio scope are and to manage this scope; and to understand how scope influences (and is influenced by) decisions regarding the management and execution of the project, programme or portfolio.
- Define the project, programme or portfolio. scope
- Define the scope structure of the project, programme or portfolio
- Manage the scope of the components
- Establish and maintain scope configuration
- Define the project deliverables.
- Differentiate between goal and deliverable.
- Group the goals and the associated deliverables.
- Utilize the goal hierarchy.
- Explain why you structure the scope.
- Structure the scope with the help of a Work Breakdown Structure.
- Explain the different aspects of the WBS.
- State the boundaries of the project.
- Estimate the level of detail required.
- Differentiate between work packages and planning packages.
- Explain the goal of well-defined work packages.
- Describe the work packages.
- Identify configuration items.
- Manage the scope configuration.
- Record roles and responsibilities.
- Relate the configuration to the project approach.