Requirements and objectives 8hours
Goals, objectives, and benefits (Practice 2) include the various demands and expectations regarding the outcomes and the objectives, and how these are prioritised.
The Goals, objectives, and benefits (Practice 2) competence element enable the individual to establish the relationship between what stakeholders want to achieve and what the programme and its components are going to accomplish.
- Define and develop the project goal hierarchy
- Identify and (if possible) quantify the programme benefits
- Develop the benefits realisation strategy
- Define components, their outcomes and their interfaces
- Monitor benefit achievement
- Relate the goals to those of the organization.
- Relate the project objectives to the project goals.
- Define a hierarchy for the goals.
- Explain the goal hierarchy and the relevance of it.
- Keep track of the difference between need, expectation and requirement.
- Record the needs and requirements of the stakeholders.
- Record the needs associated with the requirements.
- Analyze the stakeholders’ needs and requirements.
- Prioritize the needs and requirements of the stakeholders.
- Request approval for the definitive requirements.
- Ensure the requirements are translated into acceptance criteria.
Chinwi Mgbere is the President of Project Managers Development Association of Nigeria (PMDAN), Member Association of the International Project Management Association (IPMA), Certified Projects Director (IPMA Level A), National First Assessor of the IPMA 4 Level Certification System for the PMDAN Certification Body. He has taught various disciplines at Nazarbayev University School of Engineering
Chinwi Mgbere has more than 24 years of experience including extensive international experience in managing projects, portfolios of projects and programs.
Ready to get started?
Get in touch, or create an account