Results orientation 8hours
Results orientation (People 10) describes the ways an individual can stimulate and steer his team to realise optimal results. The Results orientation (People 10) competence element enable the individual to focus on the agreed outcomes and drive towards making the project/programme/portfolio a success.
- Evaluate all decisions and actions against their impact on project/programme/portfolio success and the objectives of the organisation
- Balance needs and means to optimise outcomes and success
- Create and maintain a healthy, safe and productive working environment
- Promote and ‘sell’ the project/programme/portfolio, its processes and outcomes
- Deliver results and get acceptance
Lesson 1 : Evaluate all decisions and actions against their impact on project success and the objectives of the organisation
- Make the objectives and the agreed results leading.
- Derive your personal goals from these.
- Derive the way of working from these.
- Base every decision on contribution to project success.
- Prioritize the required resources.
- Explain the importance of these.
- Refuse that which does not lead to the result.
- Shield the team from influences from the surroundings.
- Ensure there are healthy and safe work conditions.
- Give the team members well-defined work instructions.
- Ensure the necessary resources are available.
- Defend and sell the project/programme/portfolio in all possible ways.
- Look for opportunities to promote the project/programme.
- Encourage others to promote the project/programme.
- Differentiate between efficiency, effectiveness and productivity.
- Maintain the required efficiency, effectiveness and productivity levels.
- Demonstrate the skill of getting things done.
- Aim for demonstrable improvements.
- Think in terms of solutions instead of problems.
- Recognize shortcomings and make these the subject of discussion.
Chinwi Mgbere is the President of Project Managers Development Association of Nigeria (PMDAN), Member Association of the International Project Management Association (IPMA), Certified Projects Director (IPMA Level A), National First Assessor of the IPMA 4 Level Certification System for the PMDAN Certification Body. He has taught various disciplines at Nazarbayev University School of Engineering
Chinwi Mgbere has more than 24 years of experience including extensive international experience in managing projects, portfolios of projects and programs.
Ready to get started?
Get in touch, or create an account