Conflict and crisis 8hours
Conflict and crisis (People 7) is the second specific aspects of leadership on how to handle conflict and crises. The Conflict and crisis (People 7) competence element enable the individual to take effective action when a crisis or clash of opposing interests/incompatible personalities occurs.
- Anticipate and possibly prevent conflicts and crises
- Analyse the causes and consequences of conflicts and crises and select appropriate response(s)
- Mediate and resolve conflicts and crises and/or their impact
- Identify and share learning from conflicts and crises in order to improve future practice
- Identify potential stressful situations.
- Keep conflicting characters and interests separate.
- Delegate conflict sensitive subjects to the right people.
- Take prevention measures.
- Take stress reducing measures.
- Review stressful situations with the team.
Lesson 2 : Analyse the causes and consequences of conflicts and crises and select appropriate response(s)
- Assess the conflict stages.
- Analyze the possible cause of the conflict or crisis.
- Analyze the possible consequences of a conflict or crisis.
- Have an extensive repertoire of intervention options available to use.
- Discuss points of difference or dispute openly.
- Make a constructive debate possible.
- Find an approach that works.
- If necessary, take disciplinary or legal steps.
Lesson 4 : Identify and share learning from conflicts and crises in order to improve future practice
- Restore or repair the team’s environment.
- Motivate the team to learn from the conflict or crisis.
- Use conflicts to revise the progress.
- Learn from conflicts and crises to improve future practice.
Chinwi Mgbere is the President of Project Managers Development Association of Nigeria (PMDAN), Member Association of the International Project Management Association (IPMA), Certified Projects Director (IPMA Level A), National First Assessor of the IPMA 4 Level Certification System for the PMDAN Certification Body. He has taught various disciplines at Nazarbayev University School of Engineering
Chinwi Mgbere has more than 24 years of experience including extensive international experience in managing projects, portfolios of projects and programs.
Ready to get started?
Get in touch, or create an account