IPMA Certification Training
DPM, Development and Project Management, is building a global community of Project Managers to 1) enable the professional development of individuals in project management and 2) help transform organization business processes. DPM global Community of business transformation agents embark on a journey of building a mindset and capacity for change and transformation that most project delivery organizations seek.
At DPM we empower individuals in project management competence building; with our project management weekly practice based seminar series. We achieve this based on the IPMA Individual Competence Baseline and Oracle Primavera Cloud – the global leader in enterprise project portfolio management. We trust that the application of the learning outcomes will inspire lifelong professional development that ensure sustainable impact at the work place.
Benefits of the Community to the DiT Group
ii. Further development as a professional in a higher level position
iii. Gains capacity to translate values and strategies into productive actions
iv. Complements ongoing formal study and/or training and development activities
v. Gains career development opportunities
vi. Gets assistance with ideas and honest feedback
vii. Demonstrates strengths and explores potential
viii. Increases career networks and receives greater agency exposure
ix. Improves ability to express expectations, goals, and concerns
x. Receives knowledge of organizational culture
Directions Governing the Community Group
ii. Discuss individual development planning with the community
iii. Be open and honest on goals, expectations, challenges, and concerns so others can help you
iv. Prepare for webinars and come with an expectation
v. Actively listen and ask questions
vi. Seek advice, opinion, feedback, and direction from the facilitator
vii. Be receptive to constructive criticism/feedback and ask for it
viii. Keep your conversations confidential
ix. Respect the facilitator’s time and resources
x. Comfortably give feedback to the facilitator/moderator on what is working or not working in the community
xi. The community is strictly for project management professionals and all discussion/conversation should be based on the subject matter
xii. No spam messages or birthday wishes are allowed on the platform
To maximize the outcome of this experience and ensure that facilitators derive value from the time they dedicate to the community career development, we recommend Digital Transformation Agents devote a minimum of 8 hours per month to program activities.
Upcoming Community Meetup Topics
- Acknowledge, prioritize and review success criteria
- Review, apply and exchange lessons learned from and with other projects
Week 40, Friday 16.00 WAT
Week 41, Friday 16.00 WAT
• Classify all the criteria from the five elements of the contextual perspective.
• Assess the formal and informal influences that have been identified.
• Use the identified success factors.
• If necessary, amend the success criteria.
• If necessary, amend the success factors.
• Collect together the experience of your colleagues.
• Apply that experience.
• Use existing research to improve performance.
• Share experience gained with others.
- Determine complexity and its consequences for the approach
Select and review the overall project management approach (Design the project execution architecture)
Week 42, Friday 16.00 WAT
Week 43, Friday 16.00 WAT
- Use a methodology to assess the level of complexity
- Use Identify those aspects, which make the project/programme/portfolio complex.
- Identify both the internal and external complicating factors.
- Reduce the complexity.
- Assess the different alternative approaches.
- Choose the approach providing the greatest chance of success.
- Explain and defend the chosen approach.
- Explain the effects of the chosen approach on the organizations involved
- If necessary, revise the approach.
Meet Your Facilitator,
Dr. Chinwi Mgbere, IPMA-A
Do You Want Someone…
Who has gone on the same career path you would like to follow?
who has modeled the competencies you would like to strengthen?
who has skills you currently don’t have but wish to acquire?
who will be a good sounding board for your goals?